Thursday, June 09, 2005

Invitation

I just got off the phone with my assignment coordinator in D.C. She says that Malinda and I have been accepted and will be issued an invitation to serve!! I pressed her for some clues about where the assignment will be, but she would not offer any. She said the Peace Corps like to have couples open their assignment invitation together, and I guess I can understand that. But man! I'm just dying to find out!

Now at least I know what lies ahead of me in the next two years though. I can at least breathe a little easier now that we are no longer in limbo as far as our plans go. So much will be happening in the next few weeks here, it's going to be crazy. Bernie and Chris will be moving to their new house, we have to find a place for all of our stuff for 2 years, it will be hectic.

We will receive a packet in the mail tomorrow that will detail our assignment. We have 10 days to accept it or reject it. I don't think we'll be rejecting it though. So, you will all know tomorrow or Monday (I hope it doesn't take that long to get here) where we will be going. Until then!

Weeks until we leave: 9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey update this site